|Birth Name||Dena Amy Kaplan|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1989|
|Place of Birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Dena Amy Kaplan plays Abigail Armstrong. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, Dena comes from a long line of performers, and is one of three sisters all working professionally in the entertainment industry. Dena began dancing at the age of three and was on stage before she turned four. She moved to Australia in 1996, where she studied at the Jane Moore Academy of Ballet, and became an associate of the Australian Ballet School. At 16, Dena joined the cast of The Lion King for their Melbourne and Sydney seasons. She was the winner of Australian Dance Idol in 2005, and moved to New York in 2006 to train at the world-renowned Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre. Dena's TV credits include Scooter: Secret Agent, City Homicide, X Factor, EliteXC, and Flight of the Conchords. She relocated back to Australia to join the cast of Dance Academy.
- She is currently dating an Australian actor, Ryan Corr.
- She has two puppies.
- She shares a blog with her sisters called My Sisters Keeper.
- She is also a singer, having shown off her talent in the episode, 'Moving On'.
- The weirdest food combination Dena has ever eaten in her opinion is quinoa with a Snickers chocolate troll bar.
- Dena's ideal superpower would be to have the ability to fly.
- Dena's most treasured possession is her puppy, Clover.
- The top five things on her bucket list are (in order) to dance on Broadway, travel to Europe, Africa and go diving everywhere, help or teach disadvantaged people, be in a film and to go back to her hometown in South Africa for a while.
- "Embrace whatever makes you, you; flaws and all! Being different and unusual is a blessing as a performer." (On being an individual)
- "Be prepared and do your homework so you feel comfortable and prepared on stage." (On being organised and confident in performing)