Season 1, Episode 12
15 June, 2010
April 11, 2012
"Pressure" is the twelfth episode of season one of the Australian television series, Dance Academy. It aired on 15 June, 2010 on ABC3 and on April 11, 2012 on TeenNick. The episode was written by Samantha Strauss.
Pressure is building at the Academy as the students prepare for exam week. Tara tries to ignore her recent 'almost-pash' with Ethan so she can focus on her exams; however it's not as easy as she'd hoped. When Ethan attempts to kiss her again, Tara makes a quick exit. Remembering how awkward their first kiss was, she doesn't want to ruin her chances with a terrible second kiss as well. Kat sees this as a bad factor in Tara's confidence so she asks Sammy to assist Tara with her kissing technique by being her 'kissing dummy'. Meanwhile, ill-tempered Abigail is desperate to receive the first-year scholarship and orders Sammy to practice their pas-de-deux together in their leisure time, however, although Abigail is the person Sammy would rather be kissing, the signs of her unravelling anorexia begin to alarm him, forcing him to keep it a secret for Abigail's sake. When the final exams are due, Sammy witnesses a terrifying moment when Abigail faints during the dance due to being under-nourished and exhausted from the large stresses she puts on her shoulders, forcing Sammy to realize he made a big mistake by not telling anyone.
- Tara Morice as Miss Raine
- Josef Brown as Patrick
- Matt Lee as Sean
- Shayni Notelovitz as Bonnie
- Adam Chavolla Sheet as Kissing Boy
- Kristelle McKinnon as Kissing Girl
- "My brother was just in flirt mode." (Kat Karamakov) "It's Ethan. He's always in flirt mode." (Tara Webster)
- "Tonight 8:30." (Abigail Armstrong) "It's a date." (Sammy Lieberman) "It really isn't." (Abigail)
- "Abigail, you're a smart dancer. You know there are certain limitations to your technique. I had them, too. Others have more natural potential. We have to work the best of our ability, which you have been doing." (Miss Raine) "You're saying it still might not be enough?" (Abigail) "Abigail, sometimes ballet can be as unfair as it is unforgiving, but in my experience hard work can overcome most obstacles." (Miss Raine)
- "I hope you've been working on the lift." (Abigail) "Feel this bicep, I'm a lift machine, baby." (Sammy)
- "If they gave me a real partner, I wouldn't have to work so hard." (Abigail) "You know, misplaced anger is usually a byproduct of low blood sugar." (Sammy)
- "You know, I want to do well, too. I just don't think there's any point killing ourselves in the process." (Sammy) "That's where you and I differ." (Abigail)
- "Training Bra, why do you have to make things so complicated?" (Christian Reed) "You kidding? It's a minefield." (Tara) "When you're kissing the right person, it's always simple." (Christian)
To view the Pressure gallery, click here.